Hello and welcome to our rambles. Grab a coffee, sit yourself down and stay a while. Get to know us. Feel free to leave a comment so we can get to know you too.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ok you win

I give in.....................it is cold outside.  I was determined that this winter would not be as bad as last years.  We had huge dumps of snow last year in an area that usually doesn't get much.  There were so many snow days that closed schools that the students (and teachers) lost their spring break to make up days;  Well I knew this year was going to be different.............there just couldn't be two years of that in a row could there? Well I give in.  It is winter, it is cold and there is snow.  Even the cat who usually tries to make his grand escape every time the door opens is hesitating before venturing out there. 

My only consolation is that spring and warm weather will come.  One day I will look back and say "Am I ever glad that is over!"  Next winter I hope ....no I know... I will be in a warmer climate.  Don't know if it will be Florida or Texas but it will definitely be warmer. 

We have the computer room torn apart.  I wonder how one small room (11 by 12) can hold so much stuff and where does all that paper come from?  After its release from that one small room it has spread out to cover the "man cave" the half bath and the double car garage.  I don't know just where to start sorting.  What do we keep, what do we toss, what is going with us or to be stored and what will we need before our departure date so it goes back in when we get the room painted?  I am half tempted to just toss it all and let the chips fall where they may.  

 When we started this room we had to remove everything which included the modem and wireless router.  We went without Internet for one whole day!! Talk about feeling isolated.  We live in a city with a couple of hundred thousand people around us and we felt isolated.  What ever did we do before the Internet??

We ripped up the old carpet in that room.  It was UGLY!!! and smelly.  We are going to put in hardwood floors.  Again I wonder.... I have always loved hardwood floors and ceramic tiles.  Now that we are selling the house they get installed.  Someone else is going to enjoy them.  It really doesn't make much sense and everyone does it.  You live in a house with all its flaws and imperfections and are perfectly happy.  Once the decision is made to sell it suddenly it is not good enough anymore.  What was good enough for you is not good enough for new owners.  I know we are not the only people to do this but I wonder why we wait so long to fix up all the little things.

Now I need to run.  Lowes is calling and we need more stuff. 

All my friends in the south enjoy the warm sun, and for those up north stay warm.  We will chat again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, Vicky. Our house (ex-house, lol) was "just the way we wanted it" by the time we finished "fixing up all the little things", right before we sold it! Keep the faith, everything will turn out all right. By the way, if this makes you feel any better, it was -13 degrees when we left for work this morning. Only 4 more days of work, until we head South.
    Keep us up to date please.
    Barneygirl

    ReplyDelete