Hello and welcome to our rambles. Grab a coffee, sit yourself down and stay a while. Get to know us. Feel free to leave a comment so we can get to know you too.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

It has been a while

I know it has been a while since my last post but when you are just in the preparation stage and not yet having adventures there is not a lot of excitement to report.  We are still getting the house ready.  We have touched up paint in the kitchen, living room, dining room, main bath and "man cave". 

Our sorting piles for donation, storage and pack in the trailer is getting larger but very slowly.  We really can't do a lot of packing yet because for the next 2 to 3 months we are still going to need that stuff.  There is so much I have looked at and said that is going but for right now I still need it.  Especially work clothing and kitchen stuff. 

Tools in the garage still need sorting but until we get everything done here we still need those tools.  What I am trying to do is avoid the mad scramble at the last minute to get everything packed.  I believe I have said in another post that we plan to put the house on the market before we go to the RV-Dream rally in April and not move back into it again.  We want the dogs out of the house once it goes on the market, so that when we have a showing all I will have to do is dust.  We will stage the house and live in Serenity.  However I am afraid that is spite of my best efforts we are going to have the mad scramble at the last moment anyway. 

We have bought new flooring for the kitchen and a new vanity for the master bath.  The bad part is that they are both sitting in the garage at the moment.  My dad is going to help us do the install next month when he and my mother come to visit.

Today was dog grooming day,  My poor little Kisa was looking pretty shabby so I decided to clip him up a bit.  I bought a set of dog clippers but somehow I just can't seem to get the look the groomers get.  He was so good.....just sitting there while I tried to shorten his mop.   He does look better but I guess I won't be giving up the professionals any time soon.

It is snowing again out there.  I am not liking it one bit.  I just keep telling my self ............next year at this time, next year! I really can't complain ( but I do) we only have 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground,  but I am just in a hurry for spring to get here.  I haven't felt like this since I was a kid counting the sleeps for Christmas. 

Everyone reading this who is in the warm south I am jealous of you and for those of you further north..........glad I am here. 

Until next time........stay safe and I hope we meet in a campground somewhere soon.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about thinking your life is not interesting to any one until you get on the road. Lots of folks really are interested in what we have to do to get there. Or at least that's what I'm telling myuself when I write about nothing in my blog. Just keep up the good work. One day at a time and we'll get there.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete