Hello and welcome to our rambles. Grab a coffee, sit yourself down and stay a while. Get to know us. Feel free to leave a comment so we can get to know you too.



Sunday, April 10, 2011

RV-Dreams rally - Pt 1

We are finally settled at River Plantation RV park in Sevierville Tn and it is wonderful.  As I am writing this I am sitting outside Serenity in the shade of our awning.  It is 80 +, lots of sun and just enough breeze to keep it bearable.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE summer.  Wish  you were here Mom.  You would love it.

We left Reading right after Ira got off work and headed south towards the border to Maryland.  We drove a few hours then decided to stop for the night.  All the rest areas and truck stops we checked out were totally full.  Not a spot to park and sleep.  So I got to fulfill one item on my bucket list.  We spent the night in a Walmart parking lot.  I know that is not exactly something you would find on a bucket list but in the past I have gone into Walmart so often to see people stopped in their RVs.  I have always been envious of them and wished I was on my way to some adventure too.  So now I got to be one of those people stopped in the parking lot and someone else could be envious and wish they were me.  I know -  it's childish but I don't care.  It is my bucket list and that was on it.  Now it is ticked off.  Anyway it was great to sleep in our own bed that night.  After a long day and a couple of hours of driving we slept like the dead.  I just know I am going to love this life.

We arrived here in Tn. later on  Friday night after a loooong drive from the Walmart.  The dogs were great on the ride down but were just as happy to get here as we were, I am sure.  We disconnected and set up the vitals -water sewer and electricity.  The rest of the set up procedure could wait until the next day.  Once again we were happy to sleep in our own bed.  On someones signature line in the forums (I am sorry I don't remember whose it was) it said - I don't know where I will be sleeping tonight but I do know I will be sleeping in my own bed.  (something like that anyway)  How true it is.  No matter were we are we are home.  Gotta love it.

The past two days were spent meeting other rally attendees and getting to know each other.  Last night a bunch of us (30 or so I am guessing) went out to live theater production.  It was great. Lots of laughs and some very real talent.  We have been spending lot of time walking the dogs.  They are liking that and we are getting exercise too. 

This is shaping up to be a busy fun filled week and I know I am going to hate to see it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment