Hello and welcome to our rambles. Grab a coffee, sit yourself down and stay a while. Get to know us. Feel free to leave a comment so we can get to know you too.



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Serenity ...here we come

It has been a while since posting but to my credit we have been oh so busy.  The house is so near ready.  Why didn't we do this years ago?  We could have enjoyed this nice house ourselves.

The kitchen floor is finally in, it looks great.  The yard clean up has started and the cupboards and closets are getting near empty. The deck has been painted. The hot tub is filled, ( I am liking that part) and we are just waiting for next week to get the rugs shampooed.  Many times in the past I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel but when I got there I found it to just be another light showing a corner.  But now I can really say the light is there.  We have half moved into the 5er.  We will finish the move this weekend.  We have been sleeping out there anyway.  (We are camping in the yard) :).

Today we took over our limit of bags to the curb for garbage.  Lately we have been using our neighbours seeing as they are still in Florida and not using their garbage pickup. 

We took the love seat out of Serenity to make room for a small computer desk and a place to put the kennel for the dogs. Troy and Shayla get a bit excited when someone walks by and I don't want them jumping up on the window.  (Not sure the walls could take 160 lbs from both dogs jumping) So when we go out the big dogs go into a kennel.  Lucky for us they don't mind it at all. 

I have given my notice at one of my jobs.  I will no longer be working at the store but I am still subbing in the schools.  I like the subbing because I can set my own schedule.  This weekend we call the real estate lady and she will bring the photographer in to take the pictures of the house for the listing.  Next week on 1 April we put in up for sale.  After that......who knows?  Send me all the good house selling vibes you can.  I think we are setting the house at a good price.  We chose a price that is a  bit lower than what the agent said we should get.  We are hoping for a sale within 90 days.  That seems to be the norm around here. 

The first open house will happen when we are at the RV Dreams rally.  It will be better when we are not there so that Serenity is not parked in the drive. I can't believe the rally is only just over 2 weeks away.

Later in the month my daughter is flying in from New Brunswick Canada for a weeks visit.  I haven't seen her since Christmas so I am excited to see her again. 

It is going to be a busy month or so. 

I am do excited to move into the trailer.  It seems it has been a long time coming.  Getting out on the road is getting closer and closer.  I can almost taste it.

Can't wait to meet all of you in a campground around a fire somewhere.  Until then drive carefully and watch out for the other guy.

3 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with your progress. Know just what you mean about wondering why we didn't fix up the house long ago for ourselves and enjoy it.

    See you at the rally.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We listed our condo in January, had a contract in February, and closed this past Monday! Sending those lucky vibes your way!!!!

    We have been officially fulltiming for almost a week, and will be at the rally. I look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. We are new at the forum and saw your blog. Can not believe how similar our lives are going. We are here in Manheim, PA. We will be attending the rally in TN as well. We are in the fixer up stage of our house and so related to your blog. We have a puppy also, Tatum Daisy. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures and meet you in TN.

    ReplyDelete